Restaurant Review #6 - Fish Borough Market

Hi everyone,

My apologies for not posting more frequently, I have been very busy. But now that I have some time I can review Fish, a sea-food restaurant located in borough market, London. I have been to fish prior to Saturday and had a good experience. The restaurant itself has won numerous awards and is located in a the busy and traditional borough market. The restaurant lay-out is quite peculiar with an open kitchen and is relatively small. Almost like a portable restaurant. Nevertheless, once inside it has a good atmosphere and has a well-developed menu. To start I had a gin and elderflower cocktail. Unfortunately, the cocktail was very weak, I had to alert the waiter that they may have forgotten to add the gin to my cocktail. Despite the waiter assuring me that they hadn't I requested for them to make it stronger. Unfortunately, it tasted like water and I felt deceived.



The fish and chips offered at Fish is decent, however I decided to try something new at their restaurant. The steamed halibut seemed enticing and therefore I went along with that. I was disappointed when I received my dish. The fish had broken and the presentation was mediocre, the portion looked small and was accompanied by a bland salad. The fish tasted good but sides were missing as the salad simply didn't go well with the fish. On this occasion, I felt disappointed with this establishment. Despite winning multiple awards I felt the service could be improved and the dish could be improved. Perhaps on this occasion I did not order well, as I did have a good experience prior to this. Nevertheless, it was a forgettable meal.



Price: Not bad for the location
Food: Good seafood but sides need improving
Service: Mediocre
Rating: 2.5/5

Fun Fact: Fish Borough Market also has a small fish and chips takeaway located right next to the restaurant

Comments

Popular Posts