Bar Review #7 - Burlock

Hi everyone,

Today I continue my blog with a bar review. Despite not being a heavy drinker, I do occasionally enjoy a nice glass of rum. Burlock offers rum based cocktails and has a generous happy hour which is sure to please many people. It's decorative style is quite rustic with elegant seating areas. It reminded me of a Cuban style theme with wooden panels and classic cocktails. I went for a rum old fashioned and did enjoy the talkative bar staff while I was waiting friends to arrive. Other cocktails were available but I decided to keep to the theme. The bar itself is based in Mayfair but is not pretentious and does not cater to a higher audience. The people in the bar were mostly young professionals and the prices were not overwhelming. Overall a nice place to have a good catch up.


 

Drinks: Good for Cocktails
Service: Talkative 
Price: Go for Happy Hour

Rating: 3.5/5

Fun Fact: During the 18th century, sailors were often paid by rum. To test the legitimacy of the rum, sailors would mix rum with gunpowder and light it. If it ignited then it meant it was legitimate. 

Comments

Popular Posts