Bar Review #5 - Hilton Hotel Paddington

Hi everyone,

When there is good cause for celebration I believe in trying new places. Such was the case during Mother's Day when I decided to go for a quick afternoon tea at the Hilton Hotel in Paddington. Their very reasonable offer of £18 per person for afternoon tea enticed me to give it a go. The Hilton Hotel keeps its reputation on being a luxury brand by its service and furnishing. While I would say that it is still behind other luxury hotel chains in that department, it is still a superior option compared to most hotels in London. You are greeted warmly and shown the way to the bar. It keeps quite a modern aesthetic and is edgy. I liked the touch of keeping old travel luggages near the entrance to the bar. The bar itself is quite spacious although the tables were far too low for my comfort. I felt I had to crouch down whenever I wanted to retrieve an item from the table.

The drink menu was plentiful and their bar was quite impressive. It does make for a relaxing drink if you are ever in the area. In terms of the tea, it was ok. Nothing particularly special and the food itself was ok as well. I wouldn't say it was underwhelming but it did not necessarily impress as it just barely met my expectations. Is it worth coming to afternoon tea at the Hilton, for that price I would say why not. But if you are willing to spend more, there are certainly better places to enjoy tea in London.


Drinks/Tea: Average but Pretty
Service: Pleasant but Distant
Price: Reasonable for the Location

Rating: 2.5/5

Fun Fact: There are over 3800 Hilton Hotels worldwide offering nearly 600,000 rooms


Comments

Popular Posts