Restaurant Review #11 - Sketch Glade

Hi everyone,

In recent times, Sketch has grown in popularity in the London dining scene. I went to try the Sketch Glades, the sister of the two Michelin star flagship restaurant. The entrance was under construction which is a shame. You are greeted by the edgy nature that has made Sketch famous and promptly led to the restaurant. The layout of the restaurant is interesting but not for me. The carpet had different textures of green and was bumpy for the extra effect. The bar was nice but had bottles of alcohol that were so high that they are unreachable; this made me wonder how they get those bottles if someone ordered them. Perhaps they would have to get a big ladder. Furthermore, there were red lasers pointing at the walls which was slightly off-putting with moving mirrors. They try to be different and they achieve this, but I feel that sometimes being different is not always good.




The table itself was quite close to the ground but the menu was interesting. It had interesting choices but I decided to go for the bread and the black pudding. The bread was ok, quite an interesting flavour but nothing that blows you away. The black pudding came inside a pasta which I thought was an interesting addition. However, the red cabbage overpowered the dish and if I am honest, it was underwhelming. Perhaps I have been spoilt with good food, or perhaps my expectations were high because of its reputation. But Sketch Glades was disappointing, I will attempt to go to Sketch, the two Michelin star restaurant, in the near future. But unfortunately, I would not really recommend going to Sketch Glades as I feel London can offer better options for the price range. They are certainly different, but I feel they should concentrate on the fundamentals: the food.

Price: Above Average 
Food: Underwhelming 
Service: Professional
Rating: 2.5/5




Fun Fact: Sketch frequently has art exhibitions that complement the food they offer

Comments

Popular Posts