Country Review #1 - Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Hi everyone,

I have decided to start a new series on my blog reviewing the food I experience in a certain country. Due to a mix-up that occurred recently I ended up in Ireland for a few days. Not knowing what to do I tried to see the tourist spots in Dublin and also try the local cuisine. It is important to note that I stayed in Dublin and did not venture out into the countryside. Therefore my views are limited to this area. Overall, I can imagine the food scene in Ireland being that of the U.K. 20 years ago. From what I could see, food mostly revolved around pub food. This can warm you on the cold rainy nights but not necessarily bring you culinary delight. It will make your stomach full but not bring thrills along the way. As an example, I went to the 'oldest pub' in Ireland named the Brazen Head. This historic pub which hosted rebels were proud of the food they produced. I had the typical Irish stew with Guinness. As mentioned previously, the stew was warming and very very filling. However, the flavours are dated and in need of innovation. Maybe I went to the wrong places but I think Ireland still has to step up their game.

Cuisine: Dated
Options: Mostly Pub Food
Rating: 2/5




Fun Fact: The Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9000 year lease

Comments

Popular Posts