Delightful Drinks #2 - Green Juice

Hi everyone,

My apologies for being very inactive on the blog recently, I have been very busy but I decided to post a short piece today. When decided what to post, I realised haven't posted a recipe for a drink in a while so I am posting one today. Green juices tend to be controversial and labelled a FAD by many people. While I agree that people that go on juice diets are extreme, I feel that the occasional green juice is okay. You should however always eat vegetables. For those that are new to green juices I found a good recipe from Gordon Ramsay's new book and added my own twist. The flavour is nice and really refreshing, perfect for those that are hesitant to try these recipes. A major positive for green juices are that they are very easy to make and require the most minimal cooking skills. All that's needed are the ingredients and the food processor. Just make sure you cut the vegetables and fruits into chunks so that the food processor is able to blend them without getting stuck. If your processor starts getting blocked make sure you get a spoon and mix the contents around, if it is really struggling then add a touch of water. This juice goes well with your breakfast. Enjoy!

Recipe

1 Green Apple
A large handful of Spinach
100ml Coconut Water
A few sprigs of Mint
1/2 Cucumber


1) Chop the ingredients into chunks if needed. Place in the food processor and blend. Keep mixing the contents if it is becoming stuck or water if needed. Enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts